- industry-specific guidance and statistical intelligence on over 80 trades and professions
- unlimited access for one year (including free updates)
- unconditional 10 days money back guarantee
Why subscribe to CCH Business Focus
We provide the CCH Business Focus service to demonstrate our commitment to delivering in depth industry specific information as well as high quality auditing, accounting and tax services. The content is regularly updated and your subscription will entitle you to gain full access throughout the subsequent 12 months. You may wish to look at sample of the information you can expect to find by looking at our sample – we have selected the hairdressing industry.
As a free sample check out our full report on Hairdressers (free).
An overview of the content you can expect to find in the CCH Business Focus Guides includes:
- An overview of the industry dynamics and a view of how the industry is developing.
- Opportunities for you to develop?
- Trade developments
- Turnover trends
- Market position
- Outlook and prospects
Nature of the TradeTake a look at the operating practices and the dynamics impacting your top line and gross operating margin. Opportunities for improving profitability?
- Operating practices
- Jargon and special features
- Sales mix
- Factors affecting sales
- Prime records
- Customers, terms offered
- Suppliers, terms obtained
Start-upIf you are about to start up or have started up in the past 6 months, then this is an information centre you cannot afford to miss:
- Sources of grant aid
Legislation and regulationWith legislation continuing to be output at an alarming rate, here is an area that identifies the general and specific legislation that you need to be aware of including:
- Trade specific legislation
- General legislation
- Health and safety issues
- Employment legislation
- Licensing requirements
- Sources of further information
Performance IndicatorsFund out how you compare with others in your industry, can you move your margins and profitability? Here you will find:
- Main performance indicators
- Ratio trends
- Factors affecting ratios
- Other key ratios
Investigation MattersAs accountants we are aware that the Inland Revenue will on occasions ask questions regarding a clients’ accounts. We are experienced at dealing with such enquiries, and thought it might help you to consider an overview of the approach adopted by the Inspector of Taxes:
- Matters for review
- Selection process
- Critical review often look in depth at
- Interview – we will always be with you should the Inspector require a face-to-face meeting
- Business economics exercise
Accountancy MattersSome of the areas we consider when preparing your accounts
VAT PositionAgain, specific comment relating to your industry and VAT
StatisticsHere you will find an index of tables including information such as:
- Consumer expenditure
- Demographic trends and projections
- Number of businesses
- Levels of disposable income
- Turnover trends
- Useful addresses
- Trade associations
- Specialist publications and journals
Executive SummaryIncludes and overview and ‘skim read’
We recommend that if your industry is included in the library that you subscribe to this service as this will provide valuable insights into your business that will assist you in your business planning.
Alternatively, if your interest lies only with a particular report you can purchase each report individually for just £25.00 (+ VAT) – simply select a trade from one of the seven sectors listed to the side.